Thursday, May 5, 2011

How to add favicon to Blogger

When I first started blogging way back in 2008, I found the blogger favicon a clumsy thing. I did'nt tried to remove it first but when my blog started getting visits, I finally helped my blog with a favicon.

Inorder to make a favicon, you have to have an image (.PNG or .JPEG would work, fine). You can create it using old-man  paint or cool guy Photoshop (GIMP can work too). Else, you can generate your own favicon online.
Favicon.cc
GenFavicon
FaviconCenter

If you have an image, go to IconJ. They allow you to upload your image and convert it to .ico.
After generating or uploading (or converting), select a .ico image hoster. (IconJ provides direct hosting too).

After the two steps, login to Blogger-->Dashboard-->Design-->Edit HTML
Find This (Ctrl+F)

<b:include data=’blog’ name=’all-head-content’/>

Then paste the code immediately after it (look above). Your favicon would appear.
Both types of code (i.e. x-icon and microsoft.icon) would work.
author

This post is written by:Somanshu Srivastava

Hello, I am Somanshu Srivastava, the creator and the founder of this blog. I have e been blogging since 2007. I reside in India. Currently surviving high school, I like blogging, website designing, website developing.

@Twitter@Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment